Question: Do you remember when…
- The highest form of technology you worried about was the street lights coming home after a long day of playing outside?
- Your social network reached its peak while meeting up with friends at an open fire hydrant, the waterhole, or pool?
- TV couldn’t compete with playing outside? Seasons premiered in the fall and went on hiatus until the following year. There were also only about 10 stations (which included UHF) to hold our attention, prior to cable. Plus, after being on all day, the programming schedule for television actually ENDED in the wee hours.
- Staring up at the clouds and seeing shapes, animals, and funny characters, was a perfectly reasonable way to spend an afternoon?
- An empty box could keep your interest as a clubhouse, pirate ship, fort, hideout, and, when it finally was broken down, a breakdance mat?
- Rainy days were an excuse to color, do crossword puzzles, draw, or read?
Some of the best things in life are the ones that cost the least and do not require a power source or internet connection.That said, I think I’ll go read a good book.